We will set up consultation for you to visit our showroom where we can present our full range of products and talk about your specific needs. If you are unable to get to our showroom, we can visit you and bring along the most suitable swatches for your project.
We will discuss in details your flooring needs and where you want a new floor. Every one of our clients have a unique set of circumstances and during our consultation we will work out what type of floor you want, your budget, your lifestyle, where you want a new floor installation and your interior design ideas.
Once we have gathered and collated that information, we can present the most suitable flooring solutions and work within your set of criteria.
We sure can! If you present us with a floor plan with the correct measurements we can draw up an accurate quote for you. As soon as you have decided on a particular type of flooring, we can provide a quote within 30 minutes.
Can you give an accurate quote if there are existing floor coverings on top of the timber floor I want sanded and polished?
We can only give you an estimated quote because we won’t have prior access to the floor and have no way of determining if additional repairs are needed.
As soon as we have gathered all the relevant information such as floor measurements and the type of product you require, the normal turnaround time is 24-48 hours.
The time-frame is highly dependent on a number of factors such as the size and scope of the project, the type of products you have selected and delivery of the products from our suppliers.
We will endeavour to accommodate your requested start times and we have many tradesmen employed by All Flooring Solutions which enables us to meet your requirements.
We endeavour to offer products supplied by Green Star Rated Companies. Green Star is a comprehensive, national, voluntary environmental rating system that evaluates the environmental design and construction of buildings and communities. With more than 4 million square metres of Green Star-certified space around Australia, and a further 8 million square metres of Green Star-registered space, Green Star is transforming Australia’s built environment.
- Ensure the floor space is cleared and clean.
- Arrange for alternative accommodation for you and your pets for the duration of the project and at least 24 hours after the final coat.
- Cover or remove any household items that could be affected by fumes and dust such as clothing, linen, soft furnishings and food.
- Seal and cover any air vents to avoid dust particles becoming air borne during the polishing process.
- Ensure our tradesmen have clear access and parking to the site.
- Unless pre-arranged with us, all furniture including white goods should be removed.
- All fixtures such as built in shelving, cupboards and light fittings should be covered and sealed with plastic covers or drop sheets.
- All items stored under your home should be covered for the possibility of wet coatings seeping through the floor boards.
- Gas and electrical appliances should be disconnected and gas pilot lights to be turned off.
We recommend that gaps or cracks in timber floors are not filled. Timber floors expand and contract due to seasonal movement and any filling may be forced out when movement occurs.
During the sanding process most surface stains will be removed however depending on the depth of the stain some stains may still be present after the completion of work. Paint and plaster located in the cracks of the flooring will not be removed by sanding.
Yes we can stain your timber floors however we recommend you use a clear finish on your timber floors.
We recommend you paint your skirtings after the flooring project is complete.
Your floor is safe to walk on with light foot traffic 24 hours after the final coat has been applied.
Furniture may be placed in position when coating is dry – normally 2-3 days. If unsure please contact our office to confirm when the coating was finished.
- Sweep with an anti-static dust mop or vacuum your floor regularly to remove dirt and grit.
- Wash your floor with a cotton mop using a neutral detergent that you can purchase from our office.
- Always use a well rung out mop as excessive water on your floor may result in cupping in your timber floor.